Will Torrent's - Chocolate At HomeBuy on Amazon
Will On Instagram
My Latest photos
- This evening's reading material; prepping for my hosting duties at The Restaurant Show this week. Thrilled to be hosting the UK Pastry Open, Kikkoman Masters and National Chef of the Year! The finalists in all the competitions are incredible but the sole of the judges - WOW - it's a stellar, international lineup of chefs, pastry chefs and chocolatiers coming to London to judge!!! It's going to be amazing! #TRS2015 #NCOTY #YNCOTY #UKPastryOpen #KikkomanMasters
- Saturday afternoon baking; caramelised white chocolate and macadamia cookies anyone?! #chocolateathome (photo @jonathan.gregson / @rylandpetersandsmall)
- Yesterday was a really difficult afternoon!!! Amazing lunch and dessert tasting with @ghornigold ; a true master pastry chef who understands and executes flavour to perfection along with his amazing team of talented pastry chefs!!! If you want dessert in London; @yauatchacity and @yauatchasoho are you're places to go and not forgetting the #yauatcha patisserie too underneath city. Amazing.
- The Chocolate Pebble from my dessert tasting with @ghornigold yesterday; a beautiful piece of patisserie made completely out of the equally beautiful Alto El Sol single plantation chocolate from @cacaobarryofficial - #stunning!! @yauatchacity
- Absolutely stunning and simple and the original, award winning #Rose cake featuring chocolate, raspberry and lychee with a small hint of rose! @ghornigold @yauatchacity
- Had an amazing time yesterday eating what could possibly the best cakes and desserts in London with Executive Pastry Chef and friend @ghornigold at @yauatchacity! Beautiful and simple flavours understood and executed perfectly!! Bamboozled by his black magic of how you can taste each individual flavour after a stunning Chinese! This mango, passion fruit and coconut dome was stunning!!! Thanks Graham.
- Very much looking forward to catching up with @ghornigold later today at @yauatchacity; one of the Kings of Pastry in the UK!!! #pastrychef
- Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. What a great #GBBO evening! I'm all chocolated out! Good luck to final three in the Grand Final!! Who will take the crown?! #chocolateathome (photo @jonathan.gregson / @rylandpetersandsmall )
- So a simple chocolate tart is the first #GBBO challenge this week...sometimes it's all you want (but I do love a salted caramel layer too!)!!! #chocolateathome #chocolate #patisserieathome @jonathan.gregson @rylandpetersandsmall
- Nearly time for #chocolate week on #GBBO and its the semi final!!! I wonder what @paul__hollywood and Mary have in store for them?!?!?!?!?!?! These are my salted caramel and honeycomb chocolate profiteroles from #chocolateathome! #GBBO (photo @jonathan.gregson / @rylandpetersandsmall )
- Great to talk to Paul Ross on BBC Radio Berkshire just now talking about all things chocolate and tonight's #GBBO challenges! A confessed non-chocolate fan but glad he liked the book! Looking forward to catching up again with him when #afternoonteaathome comes out! #chocolateathome
- Seeding chocolate is a good way to start your journey of mastering the art of tempering chocolate. Weigh out the total amount of chocolate you need for the recipe, then remove one third of it and set aside. Melt the remaining two thirds of chocolate for 30-second bursts in the microwave on a low heat to 45°C (110°F). Then stir through the third you have reserved. Because the unmelted chocolate is already tempered, by adding it to the melted chocolate 45°C (110°F), you are stirring in the crystallized cocoa butter that you need to complete the tempering process. Continue to stir until all the chocolate has melted. Check the temperature of the chocolate. For dark/bittersweet chocolate, it should now be 32°C (90°F) and will be perfectly tempered. Milk/semisweet chocolate should be 29°C (85°F) and white should be 30°C (86°F). #GBBO #chocolateathome (photo @jonathan.gregson / @rylandpetersandsmall )
Follow @willtorrent on Twitter
JOIN WILL’S MAILING LIST!
Keep up to date with all the big news on Will